Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post subject: Hello! Another new user coming in!
Post Posted: Nov 19th, '17, 15:46    

StardustSea

Hugs: 20
Mood: worrying about things for n...
Hi, I'm StardustSea, but you all can call me, Starrie! (I came up with this name 'cause while making up a username on another site, I tried to use "StardustSky" but it was taken so I changed "Sky" to "Sea". . w .)

I found this site when I was looking for a bunch of virtual pet sites, so while I was scrolling through someone's Google+ (I don't even use it, heh.) collection, I noticed the anime-styled art and decided to take a look! (This is such a mundane finding-out...-ing, sorry. :mcheh:)

My hobby is drawing and one of my interests... is art.
Sorry, I just love drawing so much. ;w;

Oh, and I am female, however, I chose my avatar to be male because I wanted a neutral-ish look when I change my avatar's clothing and stuff, haha.

And... that's about it! I look forward to meeting the community here! :mcglee:

(1) (0)

Post subject: Re: Hello! Another new user coming in!
Post Posted: Nov 19th, '17, 21:58    

-Leo-
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 13014
Mood: Ta-ta!
Welcome to kofk. :)

(0) (0)

" Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need "

Post Posted: Nov 20th, '17, 04:16    

Mikael Hart
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 67080
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Aha, welcome, Starrie!

Everyone finds KofK through different means, but we're all glad to be here, and glad to have you with us.

If you like drawing, KofK will suit you well, because you can even make your own pet (Knuffel) here!

If you have any works you'd like to share, I'd love to see them! I enjoy doodling from time to time as well.

*high-fives for being a fellow male-avvie user*

Many of the items here are effeminate, but Firn (our admin and artist) is pretty good to us and often makes attempts at male items as well. It's quite easy to pull off an androgynous look, rather than an outright masculine one with current avvie items. XD

Anyways, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, and if you're looking for a place to chill, my hangout (in my sig) is always open. :3

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 20th, '17, 14:39    

StardustSea
Thank you to you both!

Oh, and, I'm actually a girl but I just picked a male avatar because I wanted it to look sort of androgynous, sorry. :mcheh:

On the topic of art, here's a little doodle I made:
I usually use MSpaint and a mouse, so I don't know how that's gonna go down with a knuffel design, heh, but I suppose I could switch art program and try to make it work, hahah.
I like having the option, though!

(1) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 21st, '17, 04:59    

Mikael Hart
Oh, no, I understood that. Perhaps my phrasing was awkward --not a lot of people on here use male avatars (in proportion to female avatars). XD Though there are even less dudes on here as well.

Good grief, that is so cute! Dude, if you open an art shop, you'll have no problems with earning FP (currency) or items. I would be more than happy to buy your art myself!

Paint and mouse? Daaang. I occasionally use Paint to do pixel art (very rare) and make edits; I haven't drawn with it in years! And to think you can draw so well with a mouse! That's so impressive, even with your obvious skills aside!

I rarely do art that isn't chibi myself (and I mainly got into chibis because it's more lenient in terms of anatomy). My art style is more or less what you see in my sig and for in my (( profile pic )).

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 21st, '17, 19:14    

StardustSea
Ahh, I see now, by the way, you're really nice, this might seem weird to point out, but I'm actually really shy, so I'm really glad for that. :mcglee:

And thank you so much! I'll consider the art shop thing, I could draw something for you if you want, though I might be a little slow.
Also, you might have to guide me through the process of how commissions work on here, haha.

I love your art, it's really cute! I also like the way you simplify clothing, it makes them look consistent with your style and not out of place.
Also, your ocs are adorable, I love their designs a lot! My ocs' (at least my human ones) designs are pretty plain, the oc in my doodle is one of the better designs I've had (his hair being really sharp is part of it, hahahah).

I sometimes draw in a chibi style but it's mostly traditional, hahah.

I only now realize how much I say "hahah."

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 22nd, '17, 03:47    

Mikael Hart
Aw, thanks! Don't worry, we're a friendly a community here.

Dude, really? That would be awesome! I have quite a few characters, so you can pick who you'd like.

There's ( Ara ) ( 2 ) or his ( sisters ) ( 2 ).

And ( Fei ) and ( Rue ) ( 1 ) ( 2 ) ( 3 ).

Perhaps one of them will have caught your eye. ouo

You can always check ( custom shops ) to see how people set up shop, or go to ( art post ) for pricing requests or to show off your art. I'm afraid I can't help you with pricing, since it's been forever since I've touched custom shops.

Awwh, dude, thanks! Aha, if I didn't simplify my avvie art, the details would kill me. I'm the type of person who usually makes cluttered avvies (the current one doesn't have as many items yet because I'm still working on it).

I'd love to see more of your art, especially OC art! My hangout is all about OCs --showing off art and snippets of writing involving OCs, and topics on the front page and little games that involve OCs. XD

Dude, hair is always important in art. I really like how your OC has wavy-textured hair. What's his name, btw?

I wanna see your chibi art as well --and traditional!

Dw, the phrases I tend to use are "aha" and a lot of "XD". When it comes to interacting online, you really need these little extras to convey your tone and personality in place of vocal cues, yeah?

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 22nd, '17, 05:40    

StardustSea
That's good!

I think I'll give Xiong-fei a shot, not sure how I'll do on the antlers though, oh well, gotta get out of my comfort zone sometimes, you know?
(P.S. I still really love all your ocs' designs and it was tough to pick which one to draw! :mclaugh:)

And yeah! Complex designs are so intimidating! :mcomg:

I mostly draw OCs (actually... I pretty much only draw OCs, sometimes my friend's and sister's OCs, I can't remember the last time I drew an actual official published character, hahaha.) and your hangout sounds fun!
I'm super shy about my OCs though, I just started getting interesting in character personalities, writing and all that stuff in early 2017, so I'm not fully confident about my writing yet.

I love drawing hair as well! I should probably get more creative with my OCs' hair designs though, hahah.
My OC's nickname is Gunner, which is the name he usually goes by, his real name is Carter Lovell.

And yeah, I agree, in private and instant messaging, I use a lot of caps and acronyms but I limit myself in these public forums, hahahah.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 22nd, '17, 08:21    

Mikael Hart
Oh, sure! Awww, I'm really glad you like Fei. His colors are based on different plants found in nature, combined with a deer. I have three more characters who are from the same AU, but my progress with them is slow.

While Xiong-Fei is more Chinese (and maybe eventually a bit Japanese as well) in terms of concept, ( Seong Sang-Ki ) is a combo of Korean and Chinese.

They are going to be remade as elemental beings called Aetheri, but I'm still working on the world-building.

Yes, come join my hangout! OCs are great! I want to see your writing as well! My writing is better than my art; I can get cringy about my art, but I have certain pieces of written works that I really love!

Yeah, you're really good with hair!

Dude, those are awesome names! How'd you come up with/decide on his name?

I'm sloppy in IMs, but to me, content takes priority. And I get lazy. Since forum posts are for keeps (they don't get deleted), I make an attempt to be more tidy.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 22nd, '17, 10:10    

StardustSea
That's cool! Most of my character color schemes are just me experimenting and seeing what works best, haha. That's to my more creative characters, average joes like Gunner, just have a few colors, actually, Gunner doesn't have a set outfit, his consistent colors are his dark red hair and olive green eyes.
I usually draw him with a dark brown leather jacket and jeans or an oversized white shirt with black gym shorts.

I like your concept! And the name of your race, I have an OC who is an alien, I haven't given his race a name yet, hahah.

Haha, I feel like that with my writing, I'll check out your hangout, sorry if I don't join soon though, still getting used to having my OC out in public like this, this is actually the first time I've ever posted about Gunner in a public forum.

Thank you!

I'll send you the thing about Gunner's name in PM, 'cause it's pretty long and I'll feel more comfortable with a 1 on 1, hahah.

And yeah, I really try to be neat in forum posts, mostly 'cause of my anxiety, I spend at least 30 minutes reading and re-reading to make sure everything I say is... good? With my friends though, I don't really have any quality control.

(0) (0)