Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

What gives you the tingles?
Whispers 22%  22%  [ 7 ]
Acoustic 31%  31%  [ 10 ]
Role-Play 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Musical 34%  34%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 32
 Post subject: ASMR / What gets your skin tingling?
Post Posted: May 8th, '17, 22:33    

PastelWitch
Years of membership
Hugs: 5724
Mood: Broken and defeated
I've listened to some ASMR video's on Youtube and wondered if anyone else has?
For those who don't know:
Spoiler: What is ASMR?
Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is an experience characterised by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) signifies the subjective experience of 'low-grade euphoria' characterised by 'a combination of positive feelings, and a distinct static-like tingling sensation on the skin'. It is most commonly triggered by specific acoustic, visual and digital media stimuli, and less commonly by intentional attentional control.
Sourced from Wikipedia

Personally, I don't like the one's with people talking. I find 'mouth noises' very irritating (such as swallowing/saliva sounds/tongue clicking).

The thing that get's me is underwater sounds. Honestly I could listen to it all day. I find it incredibly soothing and it definitely gives me the tingles, mt skin crawls in a good way and I love the way I can imagine myself being underwater in complete peace.

For something a little more interesting I quite like the 'hair washing' ones as I like the sound of brushing and washing when it's right in my ear. I know, I'm kinda weird*shrug*

Anyone have any opinions? Link the videos if you want as well!

(0) (0)
~The Witches Adopt Shop~
Come adopt a cutie
:bat:
~The Witches Art Shop~
I'll draw for you
:bat:

Post subject: Re: ASMR / What gets your skin tingling?
Post Posted: May 9th, '17, 06:31    

mementomori
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 14791
Mood: sippin' mah moe~♥
I don't get ASMR exactly...because it's not from noises. But when I see images of very large and very organized collections of anything, I get this weird, overpowering sense of satisfaction/calmness. I don't get that kind of feeling from any of the typical ASMR sounds, though.

When I get stressed I actually have a folder full of pictures of random giant collections (like libraries, identical things in different colors) that I flip through. XD

(0) (0)
♥♥♥♥♥
Buying art! 10 FCs and 200k fps available!
♥♥♥♥♥