Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post subject: The Bird Sanctuary
Post Posted: Apr 18th, '19, 05:51    

Rune
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7910
Mood: [ex·u·ber·ant]
You find yourself at a tall, glowing door. You feel strongly like you need to open this door and go wherever it leads.
You do so.

You find yourself in a bird sanctuary. and you are now a bird!

What kind of bird are you?
How will you escape from the sanctuary and go home to the world you came from?

You are a bird with the mind of the character that entered through the door.

A crazy witch has brought you here from your world to her magical labyrinth of a house.
The house is a huge mansion, finely decorated, with large potted plants lining the hallways and in the rooms to give her "birds" a feeling of being home.

You have to say the passwords to get through each door and not every bird can speak.
You'll have to find a bird that can speak for you if you would like to escape as a bird that can't talk.
[You can still talk to other birds in bird language.]

There are predatory birds scattered throughout this house of madness which have forgotten they were once another species. You should also watch out for the dreaded Harpies! There are three of them and they move throughout the house, keeping order through force. They can understand you. The witch cannot. There's also a good chance they will play tricks on you.

The witch is the greatest threat though because if she finds you trying to escape, she will take you all the way back to the entrance and the layout of her magical house will change.
Birds don't age or die here. They just warp back to the beginning.

(0) (0)

Taurus Sun, Scorpio Moon, Libra Ascendant, Gemini Venus, Aquarius Mars

Post subject: Re: The Bird Sanctuary
Post Posted: Apr 18th, '19, 06:11    

Rune
I'm an owl and I can see in the dark and protect myself if I need to.

I come to on a large branch. At first I don't understand where I am, and I look around, feeling very confused. Then I realize that my head just rotated a little more than my head is supposed to be able to. Surprised, I jump up, and hit my head on a nearby branch. Seeing stars, I look down at my talons, and see my feathery fluff and wings, and begin to panic. I fall off the branch and tumble down to the ground. I roll around for a while, trying to get my bearings back.
I make a terrifying shrieking sound, and am so startled by my own voice that I can only stand there stunned for a moment.

[I'm.. a bird.. How could this have happened?]

That's when the witch appears and cackles gleefully.
"Yes! Another new bird for my collection! She seems a bit clumsy, though." She laughs and speaks the word "Melon" and leaves the room through the enchanted door.

[How do I get out of here? I wonder.. can I fly?!]

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: The Bird Sanctuary
Post Posted: May 15th, '19, 20:19    

blackbriar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 12236
Mood: lazy
I am a blue jay and I am as clever as I am beautiful.

A shriek startles me into awareness. And what a shriek it is. It is nothing like a human scream and for a moment, I am too hazy to understand it. When I open my eyes though, I find myself high up, looking at pretty floors far below me. An owl struggles on the ground and oh....that is very strange. I flutter in desire to reach out and help.

That is when I see grey and streaks of blue stretching out from my back. 'How? What? This is not my true form, surely!' I stare in horror at my clawed feet, whipping my head around to see a bird's form. It's impossible, too impossible to allow me to speak. When the witch appeared, I couldn't help but feel grateful for that. My form is small and I use it to cower behind swaths of leaves until the witch whirls through a door and leaves it slamming shut.

"Hello?" I am careful as I poke my head from behind the leaves. I don't know if I can talk to the owl, but I think I have to try. "Do you know where this is?"

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment