Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 718, 719, 720, 721  Next
Ayleth Headwings?
Yay! 47%  47%  [ 54 ]
Nay. 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Indifferent~ 45%  45%  [ 52 ]
Total votes : 116
 Post subject: Re: Candy Caravan Chat
Post Posted: Mar 13th, '19, 04:38    

Ms_Zuralli
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4823
Mood: Done being an adult
Our club of plant killers proves otherwise...

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Post Posted: Mar 13th, '19, 12:47    

AlkseeyaKC
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 153200
Mood: I'm Blue dabadee dabadie.
They have dirt, water, and sun. How hard could it be. XD

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 13th, '19, 15:17    

jacobgrey
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 47558
Mood: (◡‿◡)
We have some mini cactuses of our own. They don't really get much water because we forget XD They're doing fine though.

(0) (0)
My hangout ~*~ Collector's Corner
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17

Post Posted: Mar 13th, '19, 22:08    

Akili Li
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 53770
Mood: Crumbly Crumpet
Yeah, if the thing you forget is water, then cacti and succulents are easier to keep alive, that's for sure.

At least my aloes are doing okay.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 14th, '19, 12:56    

jacobgrey
The thing I forget is...... everything XD
Sometimes I just plain forget we have plants at all. Especially if they're in a place where I don't see them every second of the day. We used to grow basil in our spare room but it was a terrible idea because I only go in there once every few days.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 15th, '19, 05:08    

Akili Li
Yum, basil! I take it they didn't make it to a size where you could start harvesting the leaves, then? Pity.
OOooh, what's your favorite kind of basil?

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 15th, '19, 13:16    

jacobgrey
They did! Actually it survived for quite a long time considering. In the end I moved it into the kitchen and then it was doing really well. Until last winter when we handed it to J's parents to look after while we were away, and they killed it. I was really annoyed about that. The one thing I managed to keep alive for so long :< I haven't made my signature basil and tomato soup since then.

I don't know what kind of basil it is we get because here we really just refer to it as 'basil'. I have seen other varieties but I don't know which one it is that we use as our 'main' basil haha.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 16th, '19, 00:57    

Kyanite20
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 8627
Mood: Happy
Make sure you guys are doing more than just giving your plants water, dirt, and sun lol. Some plants dont do well if they are surrounded by weird smells or grow next to something that traps chemicals or grows mold fast. Overwatering/not watering enough is also tragic. If you forget stuff though, that's just unfortunate but if you can get some immediate attention in, it's always great! Also be sure to change your soil and move your plant's roots from time to time because just like humans, plants need specific/new nutrients in order to survive and as they grow they take those nutrients from the soil (which is why compost and "plant food" are Godsends.

(0) (0)

Support Me? Looking to start streaming soon!
https://www.paypal.me/kyanite22

Post Posted: Mar 16th, '19, 10:20    

Her Ugliness
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 19161
Mood: ⊙﹏⊙
From my experience most plants are rather killed by over-watering than the other way around. Changing soil is not really necessary unless you need to repot the plant into a bigger pot. You just have to add fertilizer from time to time.

(1) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 16th, '19, 20:12    

Moi
Hugs: 163365
Mood: Know you're not alone.

This was in a game, but I had to take care of this plant.
I watered it twice. Two different days. And I drowned it.
I was like "I'm going to take care of this plant even if it makes no impact on the game >8]" and I just killed it like 20 minutes into the game ;_;

I love plants. My favorite flower are orchids. That's why I changed my username to Zombie Orchid on most sites. I like zombies and orchids u8
I've wanted to buy some from the store, but I know I'd just kill them.

My neighbor had a lot of plants and flowers in her yard. She took really good care of them. She died a while back, but she gave us some of her plants.
We had two rose bushes, but one of them died extremely tragically.
My dad was mowing and didn't notice it, so he mowed over it ;;
I made a thread on here bitching about the new owner butchering her rose bushes, but two of them are okay. One died, I guess because it's not there anymore.
And that one had the best smelling roses.
You could smell them from like 15ft away <<

My dad actually had a big rose bush at our old house that he took great care of.
Of course it's no longer there. I don't know if it died or if people just dug it up - but it was a beautiful rose bush.

(0) (0)

"Infra-Red
I know that you're burning up for me
Fire in your bloodstream
Moving through you at light-speed
I see you, I see you"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 718, 719, 720, 721  Next