Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1322 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 133  Next
food
food 38%  38%  [ 24 ]
food 62%  62%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 63
 Post subject: Saloiq's Post Box
Post Posted: Nov 18th, '14, 02:57    

Saloiq
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 48769
Mood: Back on silent semi-hiatus. :)
Welcome to my post box!

"post box" because this hangout is a collection of posts
and
"post box" because your posts are like letters to me 8D

(The header image is unrelated to the hangout's name, and is by iguanamouth.
You can buy prints of it and of other hoards in her store!)

(0) (0)
QUIT - no longer active here. Thanks for the good time!

Knuffel Home ♥

Saloiq's Post Box (chat with me in my hangout!)

Post subject: Re: Saloiq's Post Box (I have mail! :O)
Post Posted: Nov 18th, '14, 03:00    

Saloiq
[Rules]

• Please be kind, to others here, and to anyone you talk about here!

• Please use periods and proper capitalization.
• Please post at least 2 sentences per reply.

• Please only post in "Normal" font size, and only use smaller/larger sizes for dramatic effect.

• Please still reply to the current conversation even if you're bringing up a new topic. Feel free to bring up new topics though!

Note: If I write @person, that doesn't mean I'm talking exclusively to person! It's just how I organize my posts when I'm talking to multiple people. :mccool:

If you're following the rules, then post away! :D

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 18th, '14, 03:05    

Saloiq
[Cool Stuff!] Dec 11, 2015 - Neat & Nifty

itextpad.com! - a piece of paper in the cloud
Whoops - that's stealing the tagline of notepad.cc. But those distraught over notepad.cc's closing, itextpad is the perfect replacement.

Spoiler: Nov 14, 2015 - On being the child of immigrants
/u/fkthisusernameshit wrote:
In the end, its a two pronged problem. Trust me, no child of an immigrant growing up in France is going to look towards Mecca and say "Oh I'm Muslim first, French second" or "I'm Arab first, French second", they will see themselves as Frenchmen until there comes a point in their life where they realize that other 'native' Frenchmen do not treat them as Frenchmen, that regardless of how liberal, secular or French their personal beliefs and culture is, they may always been seen as the 'other', the immigrant, the not-French, the Arab; and thats the point in their life where they will look towards the east and go "Maybe I am Muslim first, French second, maybe being Arab and Muslim is a large part of my identity, a larger part of my identity than being French is."
Excerpted from this comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimf ... ?context=3
Spoiler: Jul 18, 2015 - Pretty Picture
url=https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/3dmn2w/some_crazy_berries_i_saw_on_a_hike/]Image[/url]

Porcelain berries! - About
Spoiler: Dec 24, 2014 - Great Gif
Spoiler: Nov 17, 2014 - Fun Fact(s)
More heat energy trapped in the atmosphere evaporates more water into the air, and warmer air holds a lot more moisture.

When a storm unleashes a downpour of rain or snow, that rain or snow does not originate just in the part of the sky directly above where it falls. Storms reach out — sometimes as far as 2,000 miles — to suck in water vapor from large areas of the sky.

It's a lot like what happens in a bathtub when you open the drain! The water rushing out comes from the whole tub, not just from the part of the tub directly above the drain. And when the tub is filled with more water, more goes down the drain. In the same way, when the warmer sky is filled with a lot more water vapor, there are bigger downpours when a storm cell opens the "drain."

In many areas, these bigger downpours also mean longer periods between storms — at during those periods that the extra heat in the air is also drying out the soil. That is part of the reason so many areas have been experiencing both record floods and deeper, longer-lasting droughts.

(paraphrased from "Climate of Denial" by Al Gore)

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 18th, '14, 03:13    

Saloiq
[About Me] I'm Saloiq. Nice to meet you!

My favorite color is the shade of yellow a "yellow" Crayola crayon is. (NOT dandelion)

I love reading. I haven't been able to find much to read lately, though - please recommend me something!

I prefer humor + adventure, and am not too big on historical fiction/romance/biographies. I absolutely CANNOT do horror/gore, fiction or non-fiction. :mcdead:
• Books I love:
The Thief (+ sequels), Going Postal, Hope Was Here, Dealing with Dragons, The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig (picture book!), The Picture of Dorian Gray

(I also read manga, and like with books, I prefer comedies + adventure stories. I loved Beelzebub. <3)

I own a lot of nail polish. :mccool: I'm attracted to textured polishes and glitter crellies, and I'm not very big on microglitters or holos. :<
• My favorite indie brands are Indigo Bananas and Contrary Polish!
• I follow a bunch of nail bloggers - I love the nail polish challenge's swatches, and The Polishing Life's nail art.
• And here's hello glossy's swatch of a polish I wore recently, Revlon Motorcycle Jacket:
(I repeat, the above fingers are not mine! :P)

I spend a lot of time on the Internet. It often gets in the way of my work, especially when my work is hard. If I have stress, it was 99.9% because I procrastinated online instead of working. bleaarg :(

You'll get to know me more as we talk! :D

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 18th, '14, 03:17    

Saloiq
[Saloiq & KofK]

Currently my favorite part of KofK is playing with my avatar!
And although I joined KofK in 2008, or so my profile tells me, I didn't start playing until 2011.

My Buying Thread (also doubles as a complete WL)

Feed My Knuffels!
Please feed my wilds instead of my regulars!

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 18th, '14, 03:19    

Saloiq
[What's that book? ಠ_ಠ]

Links to help you find that book you've forgotten the title of but want to read again:
/r/tipofmytongue on Reddit (for everything, not just books!)
What's The Name of That Book??? on Goodreads
Lost Books Thread on KofK

And what I remember about the book I'm looking for:
Spoiler: click me!
-It was a fantasy anthology.
-I read it during late 2013/early 2014. It was probably published before 2011, but I don't really know.
-I also remember thinking it wasn't a very good anthology.
-As mentioned above, the stories in it were not the best.
-Here's the story that I'm looking for the book for:
Main character: A boy who has a crippled leg, and who has an older brother who is physically fit. The older brother bullies him a bit, but the rest of the family ignores it. The main character observes/narrates the mom defending him half-heartedly.
Setting: The family lives in a town that at first, sounds like a fishing town (or just a town centered around a specific industry, like a coal town, but it had a harbor, so). As the story progresses, you learn that the town's business is actually cutting apart giants that are flown to them by helicopters, and then packaging them to be sold. Like in whaling.
Plot:
• The family is very close to running out of food, because the town hasn't had any business in a while.
• The bell rings, the signal of a giant coming in, and everyone rushes to the job center. Giants are dropped off at the harbor/docks.
• This time, even the main character gets a job, because there's so much to do. He is a counter/guy who keeps the rhythm.
• The giant is described, giving you a very strong impression that it is human. Its brain and nerves and meat, and a substance that is either hinted at as or straight out called testosterone are harvested. All the parts of the giant can go to some use.
---the smell of ozone is mentioned
• All the workers, mainly men, tie the giant down.
• The workers are cutting away when the people working on the brain see some sparks between the neurons, and then the giant stands up.
• Everyone panics because this giant is really giant, and if it falls in the town's direction, the town is doomed. The main character wishes for a second that the giant would fall on the town.
• The giant falls back down, not on the town, and everyone gets back to work, relieved they're not dead.
• At the end of the day, the main character drinks with all the other men.
-Another story that was in this anthology, in case it jogs anyone's memory:
There are two beautiful sisters, and there's a man who wants to date them. He's a magician who is very confident in himself, and he does something (can't remember what) that makes him believe that now one of the two sisters will marry him. The sisters think nothing of him/he isn't memorable, and they throw a party. Some stuff happens, and at the end with the two sisters going into some trap of a alternate world/place that the magician has set up. They're riding on a carousel in this world, and the trap activates - it freezes them slowly. The last scene is of the magician walking with a female magician.
---I remember this story was creepy because when the sisters froze, there was a definite mention of their lady bits freezing. Not by using the word 'vagina', maybe phrased as "they froze from where they touching the horses" or something. x(

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 18th, '14, 03:24    

Saloiq
[hm?]

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 18th, '14, 03:25    

Saloiq
[hum?]

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 18th, '14, 03:26    

Saloiq
[huh?]

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 18th, '14, 03:32    

Saloiq
[It's Open!]

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1322 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 133  Next