F 15%  15%  [ 81 ]
F 15%  15%  [ 81 ]
E 11%  11%  [ 61 ]
L 36%  36%  [ 199 ]
Total votes : 551
 Post subject: Jolien's Knuffels
Post Posted: Jun 22nd, '10, 22:40    

Jolien
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 6819
Mood: Grey with hints of hOlO!
Welcome everyone!

Since my collection became to big to show off in my signature, I decided to make a new thread, more organized.

I have sorted my Knuffels by element and posted a few lines there as well about their name. You should know I only buy the Knuffels I really like, usually I judge them by their eyes or hair, if that's pretty, I buy them!

All my Knuffels have a Hungarian name, some are characters from books, some are real Hungarian names and some are just words, things that the Knuffel reminds me of. Besides this, I also try not to come up with names that start with the same letter, so my goal is not to repeat first letters...

So far I level each and every one of my Knuffels in their own element, maybe I'll level them in another element later on, but I haven't decided on that yet.

Anyway, have fun checking out my Knuffels and you'll be loved if you help me feeding them. Thanks so much for your visit!

Love,
Jolien

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Setting up
Post Posted: Jun 22nd, '10, 22:41    

Jolien
~ Air ~

Named after a dessert, but I picked this name because of the "Madár" in the word, which means bird.

Clouds, the first thing I thought of when seeing this Knuffel. That's the reason I named her "curtain of clouds", as in... a cloudy sky.

This Knuffel reminds me a lot of Gandalf, from LotR. No idea why, but I just had to name him "wizard".

So... Pink! <3 Rózsa means rose, but in Hungarian Rózsaszín (color of roses literally) is pink. I decided to shorten her name and just call her Rose.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jun 22nd, '10, 22:43    

Jolien
~Darkness~

When seeing this Darkness Knuffel, I just had to find a name that would suit her... When thinking of darkness, first things that came to me were witch... After searching the dictionary I found this name, which literally means "hag". And a dark witch she is!

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape! I just HAD to check if the Hungarians use a different name for him in the HP books and they do! Different name and still it suits my theme, double win..!

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jun 22nd, '10, 22:44    

Jolien
~Earth~

Earth & flowers are one for me. No earth without flowers! The reason I named her (Flower)Petal.

This one was love at first sight. (: I especially love the female knuffels, don't really know why. The surprised look of her made me think of a fairy and since I'm using famous names at the moment, I wanted to pick Tinker Bell for this one. ^^

Trees, forest... The color reminded me of trees a lot, that's why I named this little guy "Woody"... As in, "lots of forest".

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jun 22nd, '10, 22:45    

Jolien
~Fire~

Fire and the sun don't have much in common, but they're both hot. And after seeing this name somewhere, I just wanted to use it. Sunbeam is the translation for her name and this is also one of the few Knuffels who actually got a name that's also used as a name and isn't just a word.

This girl is just named "little girl". The clothes reminded me of a firey dancer, ballerina, but I couldn't find a fitting name in that category, so I went with her innocent, girlie look and named her after that.

Currently I'm filling up the spots in my "alphabet", since I still didn't have a D, I decided to open up the dictionary and find something suiting for this guy... And that's why he became Dalia, which means something like "heroic warrior".

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jun 22nd, '10, 22:47    

Jolien
~Light~

Light comes from the sky and so do angels. With his cute eyes, I just had to name him (little) Angel.

Her hairstyle is so... typical! So she's named after her buns...

Another "book" hero... The innocent eyes and the straight hair reminded me of him... All that he lacks now is the tiny, white dog...

Dandelion... The third yellow flower I could think of... I really wanted a flower for this one, 'cause he reminds me of one... The first 2 I thought of do match him, but those names start with letter I already have used... (:

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jun 22nd, '10, 22:48    

Jolien
~Water~

For me, water and the sea are one. Since she's so obvious a sea creature, I decided to name her after the movements of the sea, the waves.

As my newest Knuffel at that time and because of his color, I named him, literally translated, "green ears". It shouldn't be taken literally, because the meaning is that he's a "newbie". I liked the twist.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jun 28th, '10, 13:56    

Jolien
Reserved

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Jolien's Knuffels
Post Posted: Jun 28th, '10, 14:22    

Jolien
Finally, open! ^^

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Jolien's Knuffels
Post Posted: Jun 28th, '10, 16:04    

-Leo-
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 25718
Mood: Ta-ta!
fed and played all

(0) (0)

" Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need "